Summary of Qualifications
Creative Director passionate about taking strategic marketing plans, interpreting them, and quickly turning projects into “big ideas.” Proven ability to develop and refine creative assets, and foster brand identity from inception to execution:
Direct corporate marketing team in the collaboration, development, and design of all visual branding solutions including: Product packaging, magazine advertisements, infographics, brochures, flyers, Point-of-Purchase (POP) displays, catalogs, e-mail blasts, web banner ads, and marketing collateral, while specializing in advanced photo editing, PowerPoint presentations, responsive website development and upgrades within digital platforms. Manage, design, supervise and implement all trade show exhibits, 3D modeling, environmental graphics, and large format signs. Provide audio/visual technical support and expertise on interactive exhibit kiosks, and produce live on-site closed-circuit video broadcasts. Mentor and inspire designers to stimulate, motivate and encourage creativity.
- Manage major corporate communication media, digital, print projects and design visual solutions that lead to multi-million dollars sales contracts. Lead and provide creative direction, strategic marketing, and best-practice brand positioning to support Domestic and International Sales Team Departments, product launches and distribution of collateral to government agencies, Home Depot stores, and cement supply yards.
- In addition to an annual trade show cost-reduction of $40k, the re-design of World of Concrete trade show booth doubled lead generation and brand impressions resulting in increased sales and significant ROI.
- Research and implement cost-effective project-management systems to improve daily operations, project launches, checklists, internal communications, and successfully reach major project milestones. Introduction of systems to include: Network file structure, content management, image library, style guides, Visual Identity System (VIS), and Web-to-Print systems saving $15k annually.
Responsible for strategic marketing and creative development to successfully reach marketing and branding goals targeting B2B and B2C to include: Brand identity, product design, print layout, visual design, copy writing, and photography. Supervised pre-press production scheduling, record keeping, and budget management for production and print. Evaluated, developed, and implemented procedure upgrades to improve efficiency. Produced and maintained a wide array of integrated high-end collateral material across all branding platforms utilizing offline and digital communications. Developed software applications for both international and domestic channels. Projects included proposals, presentations, brochures, catalogs, print ads, newsletters, logos, illustrations, trade show exhibit displays, motion graphic animations, web pages, and digital media, incorporating color theory, design theory, typography, photographic and illustrative graphic elements.
- Three years experience as interim Marketing Director, working directly with company CEO to provide strategy and execution of branding campaigns. Directed in-house marketing team in developing and executing conceptual ideas to reach target audiences.
- Responsible for innovative UI and UX design resulted in increased sales of four software applications: Clarity PACS medical imaging software, Captera imaging acquisition software, Digital Physicist, and DICOM Importer.
- Developed collateral database and digital media library systems to increase retrieval and archival efficiency by 75%.
LAUSD Television Production Teacher to inner-city youth. CSULB Technology Literacy Instructor and curriculum development. Creative consultant for Fratelli Studios – a scenic design and fabrication company.
- Transformed the lives of teen and adult students by developing and teaching instructional courses in media technology to effectively bridge social-economic and cross-cultural digital divides.
- Developed digital media computer lab and video production studio environments.
- Directed and collaborated with in-house creative studio team in scenic design and fabrication development of exhibit graphics, scenic show elements, stage presentations, sound design, set design, marketing collateral, and website design.
Responsible for research, design, and production of a full spectrum of integrated and branded media campaigns to include: Billboards, display ads, gas station pump-top advertisements, direct mailers, bill inserts, brochures, door hangers, banners, posters, trade show displays and exhibit skins, letterhead, postcards, newsletters, annual reports. Prepared layouts and managed preflight/pre-press file preparation for four-color offset and digital printing, media formats, color trapping, art proofing and press checks. Developed digital media including website graphics, television commercial productions, motion graphics, multimedia presentations, Visual Identity Systems, corporate branding guidelines, and templates.
- Worked directly with CEO and CFO to create revenue-generating multimedia presentations for Board of Directors and corporate investors.
- Successfully completed marketing and product development projects to fulfill million-dollar corporate contracts under extremely tight deadlines.
- Collaborated with marketing team to create design solutions resulting in a Net sales increase of 43%, and the doubling of gross profit to $57.2 million.
Supervised and Managed video server/commercial insertion systems, subscriber management systems, customer service call center, and cable-billing systems. Provided Ad-Sales support, marketing collateral, graphic design solutions, and administrative support.
- Directed best-practice solutions for cable-billing efficiency, workflow, subscriber management, and commercial insertion systems resulting in a new revenue stream of $150k annually.
- Board Member recognition for providing strong creative direction. Management of strategic branding, marketing collateral, sales presentations, training materials, media kits, website development, proposals, and analytical reports that led to the successful launch of a new upgraded Laguna Woods cable-television system.
Key adviser in the research and development of a division-wide technology plan. Collaborated with educators in curriculum development, UI and UX design, and object-oriented Distance Learning Course programming and pedagogy to implement multiple learning modalities. Products incorporated interactive video elements and outcome-based educational tools. Advised and instructed technology literacy classes to teachers and district administrators.
- Presentation Specialist for Assistant Superintendent of Adult Education in the creation of compelling digital media presentations to consistently inform and persuade LAUSD Board of Directors to vote in support of objectives.
- Recognition by Director of Technology Support for production of forty Safety First educational software titles distributed to Adult Education Teachers throughout L.A. County. Applications were subsequently mass produced for commercial use.
- Recipient of Innovation Award for Distance Learning applications incorporating video streaming with rich media elements.
- 2016 | Adobe Authorized Training, ePub with InDesign, RoundPeg Training
- 2016 | Adobe Authorized Training, Adobe InCopy, RoundPeg Training
- 2011 | Social Media Marketing Sessions, CSULB University Extension
- 2003 | Clear Multimedia Production Teaching Credential, CSULB
- 1996 | Preliminary Adult Education Teaching Credential, CSULB
- 1992 | B.A. in Broadcast Communications, Radio/TV/ Film, CSULB